The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India ( TRAI ) has made it mandatory for all entities on the Distributed Ledger Technology ( DLT ) platform.
This is done for betterment of us all, to curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC) and improve mobile subscriber privacy within the country.
- Do i need to register ?
- How to register on DLT Platform?
- How much it costs to register on DLT Platform?
- DLT Registration process.
- Content template registration.
- What if i don’t register on DLT Platform?
TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) has made it compulsory for all users to register on DLT Platform if you are using SMS delivery or voice calls for business purposes.
What is DLT Platform?
Distributed ledger technology ( DLT ) is a digital system for recording the transactions of assets in which the transactions and their details are recorded in multiple places at the same time.
Why DLT is mandatory?
DLT is way too secured place to store information and make transactions.
This is implemented to curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication
( UCC ) and improve mobile subscriber privacy within the country.
Each node in a distributed ledger processes and verifies every item.
This helps creation a record of every item while securing it’s safety.
Distributed ledger is also used to record static data such as registry and dynamic data such as transactions.
How DLT is helping my transactions getting secure and fast?
Distributed ledger technologies have this potential to speed transactions because they remove the need for a central authority or middleman.
Meanwhile reducing cost of transactions.
Millions believe that a distributed ledger technology is much more secure because each node of the network hold records, this ensures that the system is nearly impossible to manipulate or successfully attack.
2. Do i need to register ?
If you are sending SMS or using voice calls to generate leads in your business,
Yes you need to register.
There are two types of DLT Registration.
- Entity / Enterprise Registration
- Telemarketer Registration
1. Entity / Enterprise Registration
Entity or Enterprise is a business unit, legally recognised institution of person engaged in business or service who would like to send communication to customers intended recipients through SMS or voice call through a registered telemarketer.
Links to the Registration :
2. Telemarketer Registration
These are of two types :
- Telemarketer Aggregator: An individual or a company who collects SMS / voice traffic from enterprises, but doesn’t have a direct connection with the telecom operator.
- Telemarketer Delivery: An individual or a company who collects SMS / voice traffic from enterprises, and has a direct connection with the telecom operator.
3. How to register on DLT Platform?
If you’re sending SMS or using voice calls for business purpose s in India, it’s mandatory for you to register on the DLT platform.
To register –
- Visit https://www.vilpower.in and sign-up.
- Refer to the Entity Registration User Manual for details on the registration process.
- In the Select Your Telemarketer step of the process (page 7 of the Entity Registration Manual) enter the Telemarketer Id of your service provider.
Operator DLT Registration portals :
https://smartping.live/entity/reg-as (Videocon DLT URL)
https://www.airtel.in/business/commercial-communication (Airtel DLT URL)
https://telemarketer.tatateleservices.com:8082/(Tata DLT URL)
https://trueconnect.jio.com (Reliance JIO DLT URL)
4. How much it costs to register on DLT Platform?
Entity has to pay INR 5,900/- (inclusive of taxes) as registration fees which is non refundable, if you complete your KYC on SMS Alert Portal by 12th Jan 2020, the registration fee will be waived off.
5. DLT Registration process.
Complete process of registration for Distributed ledger technology ( DLT )
Step : 1
Follow the link to visit “www.vilpower.in” [ Click here ]
It will appear like image above.
Step : 2
” Log-in ” to your account, if you don’t have one Click on ” Sign Up “.
Then, Under ” Headers “, select SMS Headers.
Step : 3
Click ” Add “, enter the required header, then click Search.
Step : 4
Now select a header from list of available headers given there.
Step : 5
Choose the header type ( Promotion, Transaction or Service )
Enter a brief description of the header, after this
Click on Submit for Approval.
Step : 6
You can check the status of your request on the Headers listing page.
Step : 7
Once the registrar will Approve it, the status will be changed to Approved.
6. Content template registration.
Here you’ll get the complete guidance about SMS template registration.
Step : 1
Login to your Account [ Click here ]
Under “ Templates ” select “ SMS Content Templates “
Step : 2
Enter the header name you already selected, Click ” Search “
Step : 3
Enter the template details :
- Template name
- Message content
- Insert variable placeholders by clicking the variable insert button wherever required.
Click ” Save ” when you’re done.
Step : 4
You can view the details of all your templates on the template listing page.
Step : 5
Once approved by the registrar, the template status will change to Approved.
7. What if i don’t register on DLT Platform?
SMSINDIAHUB is the aggregator of SMS service wherein they are dependent on the telecom service providers like Vodafone-Idea, Videocon, BSNL, Airtel, MTNL etc.
TRAI has made it mandatory for DLT Registration.
If not, then they won’t be able to process SMS from unregistered entities.
To read similar valuable Blogs [ Click here ]